Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend fun with the family

We did a lot of fun things with our families this weekend. I hope to get a hold of the pictures of my mom and Darren's mom on the zipline. They both did it! Julianna is almost 1 years old. She is so pleasant and fun. She loves to say "baby".
My mom kayaking at Twin Falls Reservoir. I was WAY more nervous for her than she was for herself! If you know my mom at all you will be so impressed to know she kayaked and did the zipline in the same weekend. She is really getting brave in her "older" age.
Ryan is professional.
Justin and his sunglasses, always prepared. I don't have a picture of Brady, but he did two rolls in his kayak - and the water is freezing. He was pretty excited that he still had it after a winter of not rolling at all!
Grandpa helping Paige. It is tradition in our family to get wet before your baptism. Justin fell in the creek above Vineyard Lake, Brady in the river while rafting the Hagerman, and Paige, after being threatened by her brothers to keep the tradition alive, settled for a swim at Twin Falls Reservoir. Notice Darren is missing, he will appreciate that I mentioned he was at WORK. He thinks that if you just look at our blog you would think he didn't have a job. He does. It's just too boring to post pictures of him sitting in his office all day and night:)
After the Falls to Falls race. Chris, (Darren's brother) his wife, Jennie, me, Darren, Heather (Darren's sister) and my dad. We all ran the 5.5 miles starting at the BOTTOM of Twin Falls and ending at Dierkes Lake. Actually I have to let you know that Chris and Jennie started at the top of the Twin Falls grade (cheaters). Darren hardly ever runs and has never run 5.5 miles in his life. I run all the time, including running up this grade quite often. So I kept telling him he could just walk if he needed to, he was afraid he would totally die. Well, what I should have done was trip him as he passed Heather and I as we were running up the hill, or at least poisoned his gatorade. He ran it in 42 min. - about 7 1/2 min miles!!! Heather and I came in about 2 1/2 min after him. I feel really good about how I did, that is until I remember how well Darren did! You make me sick! No fair! WAAAAA! My dad did it in 66 min. I am so impressed! He has been training for the Bryce Canyon 5k, that is training to win! He's not going to let my mom beat him even one more time! She would have been doing this in a heartbeat, but she's had a run of bad health and injuries - next year mom!

No comments: