Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cockadoodle doo

One night Darren and I kept hearing one of the kids cry. So I got up to see who it was... sound asleep, all of them. I'd go back to bed, and then a few minutes later we'd hear the noise again. After checking on the kids three times I just forgot it and went to sleep. It wasn't until a week later we realized it was one of our chickens trying out its lungs. Since then it has become really good at that 5:34 a.m. crow. It has also been really picking on the other chickens, when you hear the words "pecking order" it really means something! The neighbors came down for the show... the moral - be loud or mean around our house and "off with your head!"

1 comment:

Happy Harrison said...

Be sure to let us know how it tastes once you get it all thawed out and cooked.