Saturday, October 31, 2009

Not for the faint of heart (or the vegetarians)

That ain't ketchup. Guess what we did today?





Strong wings, this one has


If you are eating Thanksgiving dinner with us this year you may or may not want to be looking at this post.
But, if you're the kind that likes to see where your food has been, now you know.





Paige plucking feathers from a chicken breast. She insisted she did not need to be a part of this. "I don't need to know how to do this, when I grow up my husband will know how to do it!" She cried. Which of course flared up the girl power section of my brain. "Be interesting! Be brave!" I always send back.

Knowledge is power. Even the chicken slaughtering kind of knowledge. Maybe especially this kind of know how. Afterall, that is why we raise chickens, not, like you might think, because Darren and I love saying "Did anybody feed the chickens?" a million times a day!

4 comments:

Louise Harriosn said...

I.m glad I choose to miss the chicken & turkey slaughter...but miss all of you. Take good care of your mom.

mama of many said...

I can't believe you guys would kill animals. Should I call the police? I hear that has happened before with you people.

Melanie said...

they were so cute...

sariah said...

Lani and I discussed this topic today. Our family has chickens because my kids need to do something every day that they don't want to do, and that isn't fun, so they can learn to just DO IT. They think we're doing it for eggs. Ha!