- packing for Whiteclouds trip
- measuring
- weighing
- sitting
- talking
- jumping with ankle weights
- jumping without ankle weights
- lying on floor
- laying out clothes
- loading dishwasher
- reading
- jumping down stairs
- ballet
- cuddling
- dealing with blisters
- planning
- comparing weight of packs - what do you have in there?
- "Hey mom, have you seen me do the worm?"
- checking out sunset due to fire
- rechecking sunset
- collecting goatheads for goathead jar
- more jumping
- too much jumping
- stepping over messes
- eating pears
- testing recipes for ash cakes
- folding
- listening
- pep talks
- hoping
- praying
- smiling
- hugging
- lying side by side listening to teenage reflections of a river trip
This is what we are doing today. Ordinary, everyday living. It's what makes a life. Our life. A good life. It's during days like this that I sometimes mentally remove myself and look at these people and wonder how I got so lucky to be here with them. It's during these ordinary times of daily living that I most often feel I am standing in holy places. A place where work is being done, lessons learned, lives formed. Important work done in seemingly unimportant events.
Yet, if you would have called me today and asked me what we were doing I would have replied, "Nothing."
I have a friend who wants to write the great American novel and title it Courage to Live an Ordinary Life. I think everyone would buy it, because they could all relate.





1 comment:
I love this blog!!! A utopic life, really.
Post a Comment