My boys had the opportunity to deliver presents and food for a local service agency. They voted the new kid to be Santa this year. Complete with fat suit and beard. Brady said he thought it was fun...for a little while! He said he had to ride in the front seat and the seat belt wouldn't fit around him. He kept thinking how his mom would not approve of that part!
If any of the kids wondered why he was so short their story was that he was the Head Elf! A few kids ran up to him crying, "Santa! Santa!" and grabbing his legs.
"What did you do?" I asked him.
"I just patted them on the back and said, 'HO HO HO!'" he told me.
One kid wanted to sit on his lap, so he asked him what he wanted for Christmas!
It was great for them. It took them about five hours to make their assigned deliveries. I hope they can do it next year too!





No comments:
Post a Comment