This is a story about Kite Skiing.
It wasn't a super successful trip because of wind speed (too much) and wind direction (from the north. East is best).
Arrival at Fairfield.
Harnessing up. I'm not sure I would want to be THAT connected to a huge kite in the wind.
Laying out kites.
Justin wastes no time. He doesn't need help. Doesn't wait for anybody.
Setting up.
Unsuccessful launch.
Let's try again.
Darren holding on HARD to Brady. One second later, they BOTH went airborne! Wind is picking up!
Glad Brady is not in the fence with kite. Wind getting too strong!
Tears of frustration.
Spike that kite down! Wind picking up even more.
By this time I am wondering why I have let my boys get into this.
Putting snow on kite to keep it grounded.
This is where I have a heart attack. The wind is obviously too strong, the kite is not cooperating. Justin is sailing along the barbed wire tooooooo close for comfort. I see visions of him being drawn into it.
He gets just past it and lands that dang kite. I breathe a sigh of relief. In talking to him later I am so impressed.
He said he was thinking, "Just get it past the fence, just get it past the fence!" He knew what had to be done and he was able to keep the state of mind to get it done!
It is hard to show in pictures how windy it was. Wind is your friend in this sport. Just not this much wind.





No comments:
Post a Comment