Thursday, January 19, 2012

Second Attempt - Jarbidge Peaks

The Jarbidge Peaks lay out there taunting us.

Not willing to be defeated, Darren and Justin, set off a mere six days after our original trek to try to finally conquer all four peaks!





This is a picture from their GPS pretty much sums up the story. Triumph!
I'll post pictures anyway.







Magellan with Jarbidge Peak in the background.



Last push to the summit of Jarbidge.





Summit Jarbidge Peak




Mr. Shortcut on Jarbidge





In June, Darren and Justin made a self-supported mountain bike trip from "here" - where his pole is pointing



to "here" - where his pole is now pointing.
The trip was from the Nevada-Idaho line to Fairfield 126 miles total in 2 days.
(A story for another post that I have been trying to get Justin to write for 6 months!)






J man on Jumbo Peak




D on Jumbo




Square Top Summit




Square Top







Looking toward the biggie - the Matterhorn




Closer to the Matterhorn




Victory atop the Matterhorn. No standing for pics here. It is an overhanging sheer drop thanks to a slide.




You might not believe this, but Darren HATES heights. In this picture he is saying "hurry hurry - just take it!" He said it was a crawl to the top, touch the summit just to say you did it, and get out of there!!!

They came back tired, yet triumphant, glad they didn't have to go back again. AB attempted it a few weeks later, but due to weather, only got 70 feet higher than our first attempt. Paige, Brady and I still have the unfinished task hanging over our heads. Someday....amnesia will have to set in before I get Paige into the Jarbidge again.

Is it any wonder that Justin is Darren's shadow? Darren would be my hero if I were his 15 year old son, too! Good buddies those two!


1 comment:

The Bond Clan said...

You guys have the funnest adventures!