Friday, May 2, 2008

Dad bought HOW many trees?


THis is Justin by his apple tree. This Paige by her Cherry tree. We will watch and see how much it grows. She planted it herself. She hopes it doesn't die so she can get the cherries off of it!

Really now. How many? Darren will not be able to use his arms tomorrow after digging so many holes. We probably planted 250 trees. It took about 4 1/2 hrs. tonight. This doesn't include the others planted a few weeks ago. We ran the water line and poked the holes for the drippers. Every one pitched in. We really hope the trees all live. If you're thinking you're going to get a deal on a tree in a few years, you probably don't want to go through the kids - they'll be charging thousands after all this work! I'm realizing that providing opportunities for the kids to work is A LOT of work. (i.e. the chickens... how much does a dozen eggs cost?) I'm having flashbacks of childhood, the paper route our family did for years...my poor parents. Right now we are waiting for Darren and Justin to STOP working so we can eat. He promised the kids we would go out to eat when we finished. We are all ornery and tired and STARVING!

The other day Darren came home from Home Depot with two beautiful flowering plants. He admitted, sheepishly, that he couldn't leave Home Depot without buying a plant! I told him the first step is admitting you have a problem. I actually think he believes me. Twelve steps here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry we are not there to help you plant those, I am sure Chris would have loved to help out! It looks good, I am excited to see you guys! Tomorrow is our big 1 year anniversary, tell Paige happy birthday from us! We will be in Venice, sipping on expensive coca lights (diet cokes) and enjoying our first anniversary, crazy! Looks like you guys are having a great time! Miss you guys!