
On June 14 six friends and I did a relay race around Lake Tahoe. ALL THE WAY around the lake. If you've ever seen it you know what a feat this was. It is 73 ish miles around and SO beautiful! Each person did one leg ranging from 8.2 to 12.3 miles. We started at 7:00 am on the south side of the lake and ran counter clockwise. We ran support for each team member along the way. I came to really love the sight of Kari's van - it meant I had made it that much further, and there would be water, gatorade and GU! I ran the second leg, the 8.2 miler, that climbed 1000 ft in 3 miles. Jenna's music saved my life, my ipod is broken, and I would have never made it without her rocking music! It was such a great experience to see every Go-Go Girl (that was our team name) run their heart out despite heat, exhaustion, elevations sickness, etc! (Running at that elevation is interesting) We were known along the way as the "pink team". It was fun to cheer along other people that were at our same pace. I loved running again with "little" Jodi, I would give anything to have her as a running partner again! We finished at 7:02 p.m. and headed for the biggest hamburgers and shakes we could find!

On my leg of the race the van was waiting for me and what did they see climbing over the guard rail? This bear! It was right where I would be coming in a few minutes! This picture was taken by some sort of law enforcement man, it is not zoomed in, the bear was RIGHT THERE! I don't know what I would have done had I come upon it while I was running, I'm glad they got it away before I got there. There was also a bear that ran out behind our last runner, crossing the road as she went by! Thanks Jodi for inviting me, I really loved it! Anyone want leg #2 next year?
1 comment:
If you are running it again next year and need another runner - I'll join in...
When I'm out running and I see a dog running free towards me - it gets my heart rate pumping and my legs run a bit faster - I can't even imagine how much faster I might run if there was a bear near my running route!
Post a Comment