Friday, November 14, 2008

If The Shoe Fits...


I'm married to a lunatic. It's true. I even have proof (as if I need it). At this site you read that most people ride the 103 mile White Rim trail (Canyonlands, UT) in 3 to 4 days, with a support vehicle. If you ride it in 2 days you are a monster, 1 day a lunatic.


Darren and his biking buddy, Lance Armstrong (OK, not THE Lance Armstrong, but if we had to pick a Lance Armstrong of Twin Falls, this guy would be him) headed for Moab Wednesday morning, camped, and took off on the trail at 7:00 am Thursday morning. 9 hours later, they finished. Finished! Not without pain, not without a little bonking around mile 50, and certainly not without huge bragging rights! Darren said it was like riding LOTOJA (Logan to Jackson) then turning around a riding right back to Logan! If only this were the end of it - they then drove home to Idaho arriving at 1:30 a.m! If the biking shoe fits.....

3 comments:

lawdy said...

i am in awe. i think you guys are too cool for school. serious.

melissa and nathan said...

Lisa,
You and your family blow me away! Like an adventure dream come true! I think I would fit right in and love every second of it.
I love reading about you guys and what you are doing out there.
Thanks.

mama of many said...

Truly inspiring.
Are lunatics allowed in Bishoprics?
It must be so.
I think you are too cool for school too.