Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Whites of their Eyes

I searched for my camera as three boys sat on the back deck spotlighting six sets of eyes out at the base of the cliffs. Justin had turned on his "dying rabbit" tape (it sounds disturbingly like a distraught newborn). The sound had brought in six coyotes. Oh the excitement! I made them swear not to tell Paige, as this is the exact spot where she bee bops up to her friend's house on a regular basis! Darren took off like a bat out of you-know-where-on the four wheeler in their direction on his way to retrieve Paige from the neighbor's. The boys hooped and hollered and gone were the eyes, but large have been the plans for tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! That sounds intense. I would actually like to experience that as long as I can keep my distance.

Louise Harriosn said...

Oh, what memories.... Makes me homesick for Henrieville & the times your brothers and the Sorensens boys tried everything they could think of to call in those sly animals. Good thinking to keep Paige out of the loop on this one.

Happy Harrison said...

I love it! I can't wait to hear what happens next. And, I LOVE your new bakcground.