Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

OK. Just the lion part. Mountain Lion that is. Yes, a real one, about 40 feet away! My fabulous photographer sister in law got a picture; when I can get a copy I'll post it! It was stalking a goose, and boy was it surprised by 10 kayaks floating down the creek! It crouched down to hide, I swear you could walk 3 feet from one of those and not know it was there! Incredible!!! We decided it was time to bring back the annual tradition of floating Salmon Falls Creek in early spring. We have missed the past 4 years. This is the put in outside Jackpot, NV. Notice the storm clouds in the distance. Had we known the fury they held....(Scott, you just may be a little smarter than the rest of us; devil's tooth wasn't the same without you)
Smart girl, had her rain gear on from the start.

Paige, just kicking it.


Darren and kids climbing. I'm glad they had the energy to do it that morning. All five of us slept in our tent that USED to fit us. I think the kids are growing. There was no room for ANY squirming. Paige kept getting mad at Darren and me for talking, Darren finally asked me, "What is your problem?" Then realizing how he sounded quickly asked me really what was wrong so he could help me to "PLEASE STOP MOVING!" Boy was that fun. You think it's bad in the car when someone's toe touches someones leg?



Our little scout. We hit camp and he immediately started making something to hang a clothes line on.





The boys.




Justin, Brady, and Spongebob?






It was a great trip, in spite of the rain. Did I say rain? I mean DOWNPOUR. Complete with flashing lightning and thunder booming through the narrow canyon. Nature at its most natural. Wow.







2 comments:

Catherine Andrews said...

I get tired just reading about all of your adventures!! Sounds like you had lots of fun despite the weather!

Happy Harrison said...

Clayton nearly peed his pants about the Spongebob thing. He's been talking about it since you first posted. He told me I HAD to get on and see the picture. He didn't tell me it was PAIGE, he just kept saying, "it's a picture of the boys and spongebob." & I thought, "what's so funny about that?"
...Now I get it!