skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Spring Break '09!
Boy do I need a break. We just went on a whirlwind spring break tour and had a blast! We started out in Provo, spent time with family, skiied Sundance with Grandpa, celebrated Justin's 13th birthday and headed for Moab!You should have seen the truck - we looked like the Clampetts. We had skis, we had bikes. We had helmets of the ski variety, helmets of the bike variety. We had clothes for cold, snowy weather, clothes for hot biking weather. We had church clothes. A cooler full of food. We had ski boots, we had chacos. I am in unpacking hell right now.But, boy was it fun! Here is some sort of synopsis of what we did - minus the ski pics. They didn't turn out.Dead Horse Point
The trail we are going to ride down. Do you see a way to get down those cliffs? Apparently there is one, we were about to find out. The trail is in the shadows in the center of the picture. Yes, there.
Start point in Canyonlands National Park. The plan: Start out on the White Rim Trail, descend Shafer and head out toward Moab via Potash.
Can you see us? We are the three specks clinging to the inside of the road. It was truly breathtaking! We knew we were alive, we could feel our hearts pounding!We are in the right third of the picture, specks I tell you. Red rock country is so vast, it almost looks like it can't possibly be real, that it might just be a picture plastered out there on the edge of the world.
Looking down the Schafer trail. Yep, there was a way down, afterall. Just stay on the road!
7 comments:
That looks awsome! I am glad that you had a great time. I can't wait until the my kids are all old enough to do a fun trip like that.
It was so good to see you!
Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!!! But it looks like a beautiful ride. One that I would be able to pass on whether by bike are truck. Brady,. I hope your arms are feeling better from using your hand brakes. What brave and tough kids. It was fun having you all here.
What a fun way to celebrate your 13th birthday, Justin. Grandpa was glad to have someone to go skiing with. Paige, you were so cute with the babies. I'm still considering getting you a train of her own.(just kidding Paige.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA! WE LOVE YOU!!! (Sorry we're a day late. oops) Along with losing my debit card and car key, I forgot your birthday...go figure.
Happy 29th Birthday!
I'm just impressed that in all that packing you actually chose to pack church clothes! That must be why you are able to do all the crazy stuff you guys do and not get seriously hurt and injured!
I hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment