It's that time of year! Cyclocross season!
Today's race was at Rock Creek park. It is a challenging course, maybe suited more for a mountain bike, but fun nonetheless.
Justin camped last night down at Shoshone Falls, showed up to race, took third place, then headed home to shower just in time to go to Sadie Hawkins! We are seeing less and less of this kid these days.
Brady was home from school with a cold yesterday but decided to come help set up the race with us, and ended up racing. He used my cross bike and did so great! 4th place! This is against mostly adults!
Since Brady had my bike, I used Darren's. His race was after ours. In this picture I am trying look like the cool cyclocross people do when they just hop off their bike and just kind of skip over the obstacle.... by the fourth lap it was more like a fumble.
Darren at the starting line
Darren cruising.
Last race he rode in the "B" group and kicked tail, so he jumped up to "A" this week. He still took 4th behind some fast Ketchum guys.
This is the crux of this race. Two years ago I didn't even ride down it on my mtn. bike. This picture doesn't even show the half of it!
Darren made it look so smooth! My first try I hit one of the poles at the bottom and lost my glasses. On my second loop in the race I went head over heels and landed in the grass... I got dang lucky and only have a few scrapes and bruises. See pic below! Although as I type I am getting more sore by the minute! I guess I don't bounce as well as I used to!
The next time around I was sooo nervous and didn't decide until the last second to go for it and I had a perfect run. When they told me I had to go for a fourth lap I was so bummed because I really didn't want to have to ride this part again. I did it and I noticed Darren in the distance watching to make sure I made it ok!
Seriously, how I did I get all the way over there?
There were a few muddy spots on the race, which is what cyclocross is all about! We all came home covered in it!
Paige raced one lap in the kids race and in a sprint finish pulled off first place!
Girl Power!
I somehow pulled off second! Does it count for something that I am 20 years older than her?:)
It wasn't even close. She beat me handily.
What a great day! We showed up early to help our friend Jerrod set up the course. It was a family affair all around. Everyone had a great day and went home feeling like they had accomplished something! Brady and Darren headed out for some yard work, I started on the laundry, Justin was at Sadie Hawkins and Paige cleaned her room.
We are a tired and happy family tonight!














1 comment:
Looks so fun. But I don't get that picture--are you lying in the grass? Did it hurt? Congrats you. . .you winners!
Post a Comment