Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Justin's Birthday - spring break

Justin turned 12!!!!! His greatest desire was to ski at Sundance. He printed a map out, laminated it with packing tape, and hooked it to his coat with a carabiner. You can see it in this picture hanging off his left side. He kept us on the right path more than once. Being the country bumpkins we are and only being used to skiing at Magic (one lift, a handful of runs). It was a beautiful day and we were so glad to have Grandpa Harrison with us. Even at 60 he is tearing up the slopes like a native Wyomingite should. Justin said when I got to ride the lift with him, "Mom, Granpda is a lot, lot better than I thought he'd be!"
I'm so glad I bought Paige a helmet Monday. Tuesday I would have paid $500 bucks to get her into one. She was all over the place! The only thing she is afraid of is Cat tracks.
At the top with Utah Lake in the background. Justin had set a goal to ski Bishop's Bowl. It is a black diamond and a favorite at Sundance. He REALLY wanted to know if I would ski it with him. Once I saw it, I REALLY did not want to. But out of pure love for Justin, plus it was his birthday, I did it, and was stupid enough to do it twice! As I was peering over the edge deciding where to make my entry (and take my final breath), Brady hadn't even stopped to check it out, just dropped over the edge and onto the moguls. Where did I get these kids? Oh yeah, Darren is their dad. My dad dropped over and was down in no time. We skiied until we could ski no more, even Brady was ready to go home. My mom was kind enough to come up at 1:00 and take Paige home so we could ski the bigger stuff. Plus she was tired out. Boy are we grateful for these two buddies.

Justin snuck up and took this picture of Brady. He wanted me to say that this is what Brady would do ALL day if we let him!
Ryan and Julianna at Justin's birthday party. She is the sweetest baby ever!
Clayton and Lauren - due in 2 + weeks. No fair looking so cute. Some one at the bank where she works told her she was the hottest pregnant lady they'd ever seen! Notice my dad in the background, doing what he has always done best - dishes!




3 comments:

Hansen's said...

Happy Birthday Justin from the Hansen clan..Hope it was great! It sure looks like you had fun..Have a great day..love, Nicole

Justin, Catherine, Brayden and Peyton Andrews said...

Happy Birthday Justin! It looks like you had lots of fun and are keeping Grandpa young! It is so fun to see your blog and keep up with the family. I didn't know Clayton's wife was pregnant. Congrats to them! Let me know when the big day happens. Ryan's baby is a cutie. Have a happy Easter!!!

Melanie said...

I'm such a baby... my heart is racing thinking of you going over the top of the hill...I use to have it in me but I'm a big chicken now. Keep going... I'll live vicariously (sp?)through you :)