
Friday when Paige got off the bus there was a snake leaning up its neck (these are Paige's words)! She screamed and it hissed at her. Justin, Brady, Abbey and Ali quickly came to see what was going on. The bus driver asked what was wrong. They told the bus driver to "Drive! Drive!" because the snake was under the bus's tire. you can see the bullet in its eye if you look up close. (Lisa speaking now) All I heard was someone grab something from the house and then "pow pow." I look out the window and all the kids are surrounding Justin as he's looking down the barrel of his pellet gun. Even the air conditioner repair man was wondering what the commotion was. The next thing I know Brady is running in the house looking for the camera and they are all talking about winning money on "America's Funniest Home Videos" when dad comes home and finds a snake on the back porch! (Darren is VERY afraid of snakes) Good thing Grandma Smith was out of town - we would have had to call 911 if she had happened to drop by. The best part is as Darren was driving home from his mtn. bike ride he called and said that he had seen a lot of sticks that he thought were snakes. It was a perfect set-up! He was primed perfectly! But to Darren's good fortune, and Brady's dismay, Justin got to dad first and warned him. Justin earned some brownie points for sure!
3 comments:
Oh my word! Adam would have just about died--he and Darren can bond over their fears. What a cool kid...Ethan will be impressed! (Your blog is great!)
Lisa,
Here I am stocking you again. I love the snake story. That is what growing up is all about! The mighty hunter saving the world!
Tanner would have loved it! I love your home!
Justin is great - but I would have loved to see the video of Darren freaking over a snake!
I am impressed (not at all surprised) by Justin's high math scores. That is awesome! Brady makes a cute farmer... or should I say "handsome" farmer.
And Happy, late, Birthday to Paige! Autumn would have loved to have been able to go horseback riding with her.
Post a Comment