Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's all Relative

Existing. That about sums up what I've been doing for 6 days. You see, last Friday I joined a club. That's what the nurses at the hospital kept telling me. It is a good club to be in, they say. The hyster-sisters club. This site will tell you all you need to know if you are thinking you want to join, or if your doctor has suggested you join. The kicker about the club is that you're not really glad you joined it for at least 4 weeks. Some say longer. I'm ignoring them.


I am actually better than I expected. The pain is all I had heard it would be, but surprisingly, not much worse than I was experiencing every 28 days or so. I'm sure the women I teach in Relief Society every 4th Sunday never suspected I was on narcotic pain pills many of the times I was teaching. What timing. Or maybe it was obvious, how would I know? I was on drugs. All the more reason to have the surgery!

I am so grateful for a
friend who calls daily to assure me that it will get better. I hang on her every word. I try to erase from my memory the first week after her surgery when she had me convinced to NEVER do it. And for another who quelled my fears about doing this at all. She said "Go for it!" and that I'd feel so much better! She said it was no big deal and that shouldn't worry at all. I am now questioning her sanity, but she helped me find the courage I needed!

Who knew I had so many
friends that could make amazing homemade rolls. My family has been fed way better than normally!

It's crazy how we think the rules don't apply to us. I was told to do nothing, absolutely nothing, for the first week or I would pay for it. But I felt so much better yesterday, certainly putting the laundry in, or unloading just a few dishes couldn't hurt. Tell that to my bed, from which I could hardly drag myself for the next 8 hours. I believe! I believe!

In the days before the surgery I was doing dozens of lunges, sprints in the pool (beating Jill, which is very rare) and loving a new mtn. bike. Today, sitting at the computer for 20 min. is a great accomplishment. It's all relative, I guess.

2 comments:

mandy said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon! I think my lessons may be better with a little drugged stupor...

Holly said...

Oh Lisa I hope you start feeling better soon. Take Care.