Just catching up on the weeks before Thanksgiving...
You know the Jack Johnson song, it's even on my blog. "I've been losing lots of things lately..."
We have been living it. It started with the only key that would start the Corolla. Then Justin's new ski mask, parts to the hot tub, the list goes on. All things that mattered, that cost money, not just little things that didn't matter. To get a key to start the car they needed the car at the dealership, to reset the computer or something. If you know my husband you know he will not pay someone to do something he can do himself, even if it means a lot of work.
This picture shows him jacking up the car in order to slide the car dolly under it (it was stuck in Park). We tried using a come-along to pull the car on. We tried pulling the car dolly under the car using the truck and running the rope from the dolly under the car to the truck. We only ended up dragging the car along with the car dolly, all the while scraping up the driveway with the boulders we had put behind the cars tires to try to hold it in place.
In the end it cost $45 for the tow truck, $50 for each key, plus the dealership's fee. If I ever find that key.....





6 comments:
Yuk! I HATE it when I loose things...especially things that cost $! The whole thing makes me gringe. Like that sick feeling when you know you can't get out of something, but you wish more than anything you could.
We both know Clay feels the same way as Darrin when it comes to the "do-it-yourself-or-die" mentality. It drives me crazy sometimes, but I have to admit, it saves us money.
I hope your memory improves...fast! and I hope you'll get feeling better soon (if you aren't already)
On another note...why do I have such a hard time with darrEn? Your Christmas present reads "darrIn" (made into darrEn), our birthday calander reads "darrIn" (made into darrEn), and our address book reads "darrIn" (made into darrEn).
I think it must just be that I think about myself too much...as in, I...I...I...!
That is funny about Darren trying to do everything himself. I can totally relate. Klade just spent tons of money trying to get our tractor started because NO WAY was he going to pay a mechanic to come look at it. After 2 wasted saturdays, a rebuilt starter, and who knows how much money wasted, come to find out it was just a bad battery. UGH! I can totally picture Darren out there trying to do this. You didn't even need to have a picture for this one. It totally fits his personality. By the way, I am so sad to hear about your surgery. I really hope you are now doing better.
I hope the "we" you are referring to means we - ie... I was in bed while Darrin and the kids (we) were outside fixing the car...???
When it rains it pours :)
NOW, GO TO BED!!!
What luck!! It is a funny story though! I hope that you are feeling better. I am sure in the long run it will all be worth it!
Mel, this happened BEFORE surgery. Just catching up, 15 min. at a time. Heading to bed now.
Post a Comment