Thursday, July 8, 2010

On Their Own

What do you get when you put three boys in three kayaks and turn them loose in the canyon?







Dinner?
This was the first time I let Justin paddle up to Vinyard Lake with no adult supervision. I had no doubt in my mind that these boys could handle it, but still.....We had so many obstacles in getting them to the lake.....no receiver hitch to be found for my car, Darren needing stuff delivered in the middle of all this, finally getting the trailer hooked up and loosing the tail gate SOMEWHERE along the way, leaving one of the boys with the boats to go find the lost tailgate, Paige thinking she broke her finger while she was home alone while I was doing all this. Nothing is ever easy, but they had a blast so it was worth it.
They paddled up Twin Falls Reservoir, swam in Vinyard Lake to avoid Poison Ivy and caught way too many Crawdads. A fun summer day if you ask me.


2 comments:

Louise Harriosn said...

Never a dull moment for the Smith family..... They all look like they had FUN!!!

mama of many said...

I don't think EVER comes home without something. He has a serious fetish for catching things...kind of like some other boys I know.