Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cross Country

Justin and Paige ran Cross Country this year. Paige got to run in one meet (she is only in 5th grade) but they let them practice with the Middle School. She loves to run!
This was Justin's first year with the high school.
Justin is a "little" on the small side. Can you see him? HINT: he is behind the fro and is wearing red.

Here comes Paige. She took 20th out of 70 6th -8th grade girls! 4th on her team. As a 5th grader that is pretty amazing. I was SOOOO proud of her. Before the race I tracked her down so I could remind her that IT IS A RACE! I pulled her aside and whispered in her ear that she was to do her best and run her fastest! That means you don't wait for your friends! Girls! They practically hold hands at these things, she had been known to slow down and wait to cross the finish line. She is a bleeding heart. I'm glad she is a kind person. But it is OK to beat peolple, that's why they call it a RACE!


Justin coming down the finish he did awesome. He was pleased with his race. Magic Mtn. is the toughest race in the district. They run straight up the ski hill! I am so happy to see him doing so well. He and his body have had rough year.
Kimberly made it to State. At districts they race and take the top seven runners. The eighth runner is the alternate. I told him to take 7th or 9th. I didn't want to drive to Soda Springs to watch him not run! Terrible parent. Maybe so. He gave it his all - and 9th place it was! Whew! He had a great season and made some fun friends. The older boys really took the freshman in and made them feel important. Kimberly is full of great kids!


No comments: