Monday night the word spread like wildfire about the SNOW DAY! on Tuesday. Text messages, automated school phone call, neighbors! Woo HOOO!!!
I loved this day. We got lots of snow and then the wind kicked up. Perfect recipe for a snow day here. The drifts get crazy across the roads. Darren barely made it out the end of our road because of a huge drift. I told Darren this morning that I wanted to move somewhere where we could get snowed in all winter long. We had such a great day.
The boys were in and out of the snow all day. They trekked up the road on skis to try the neighbor's hill, tried the bungee sled, soaked in the hot tub then ran around in their swimming suits. Paige and I baked bread, then snickerdoodles. I put in a P90X DVD, plyometrics, yikes. Had to do something to justify all those cookies. I have to admit I was glad to have Diet Coke in the fridge, I wouldn't have trekked all the way to Sonic, but I have been known to do dumber things.





No comments:
Post a Comment