Saturday, January 15, 2011

Girl Power in the Smith Family

Today was the final Cyclocross race in the series we have been competing in. Paige and I were the only ones in our family to race in it today. Go Smith Girls! The race was held at a jr. high and the weather was amazing! in the 40's - in January! This made for mud, mud, and more mud!

Paige at the start line getting advice from Brady. Notice the Hero Cam hooked on her handlebars.





Darren took this on my second lap. This part was unrideable. I tried to ride it on my third lap, but my tires just spun in place. I needed to make forward progress!








The course wound around trees, through sand, over barriers. I love cyclocross! I borrowed a cyclocross bike for the race in December, but didn't have it for this race. Most people here just rode mtn. bikes like I did. This sport is just a lot of fun!
There was a great turn out. There is quite a cycling community here now, and it is growing. It is fun to see this town get stuff like this going here!




1 comment:

Louise Harriosn said...

Why does this not surprise me?
Glad you all had fun.