Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cross Country

We are so lucky this year - all three kids in the same sport! Same practice times, same meets! I am a lucky mom!
Magic Mtn. is always the highlight of the cross country season. It is a dang hard meet, they run right up the ski hill!

Little Paige took 10th place out of about 65-70 middle schoolers. She is also one of the youngest! Her knee has been hurting her so she has to sit the next meet out. She's OK with it, but I am bummed! She is doing so well!

Brady did awesome, 17th out of a TON of boys. I'm not sure how many, but more than the girls!
The high schoolers run a 5K. Justin was in the top 12 all the way up the steep part, passing people right and left. Then on the flats his stride just doesn't match up. He is growing so fast, but some of those boys are 6 ft. already! He did awesome!
It was so fun to have a racer in 3 of the 4 races! Darren and I manned the food and water station during the girls HS race.
I get so excited when they race, and a little competetive. But mostly I'm just glad they are participating in such a healthy sport, with such nice kids.
One of the teams had a funny T-shirt. "Life is short, running makes it seem longer"! As I ready myself to head out on a run, I totally agree! ARGH!

No comments: