Monday, December 22, 2008

The Eighth Day of Christmas

Making sugar cookies!
I really have to say that everyone should have a hysterectomy at Christmas time. Having a legitimate "excuse" to stay out of the hub bub and not being able to drive to any stores, even if I wanted to, has really been good for my bad attitude about Christmas. OK, so maybe not a hysterectomy, cause I don't want another one next year, maybe just a lobotomy of the Christmas Craziness behavioral lobe of our brains.
Doing something every night together, sometimes big, most times small, has made it feel "Christmasy" in the best sense. And the best part is I have just sat by and watched it happen. My parents have loved it, I hoped they would. I just wish I had a video of my dad doorbell ditching the cookies!

1 comment:

Louise Harriosn said...

Darling picture and what good looking kids!!! It seems they have had a lot a fun with the 12 day thing too.
I can't go shopping even if I wanted because the beautiful white christmas has me grounded.