A few weeks ago she called Grandma Smith to see if she could borrow their crutches. We all just chuckled. The complaining worsened in the last week. She wanted a wheel chair. She started to walk with her feet turned out, kind of hobbling. Guess I should take her to the Dr.
We came home with a boot and instructions to be on crutches for at least 2 weeks. Stress fracture in her heel. I am thankful to friends with kid sized crutches. They even deliver!
As a mom I filter a lot of what my kids say. Once I filtered "Brady has a BROKEN ARM!" Sure he does I thought. I guess I'll walk out and see what happened. YIKES! Arm broken completely in half.
Other times I rush out in panic, only to find a little bruise, scrape. This time I filtered "My foot hurts." Over and over. Yet she walked, ran, sometimes. How's a mom to know?





3 comments:
Been there, done that. Rylie had a break in her foot for 3 weeks and when I finally took her to see Dr. McKee, he said it had probably healed enough to not put her in a boot but he would have had I brought her in right when it happened! Good thing Mother of the Year nominations weren't that week! How do you know?!
We all have those rotten mom stories. The reason we have those cruches are due to me pushing Hailey too hard her first time skiing. To add to it, after she really hurt her knee...4th grade...I let her sit in lodge while I finished the day of skiing. I didn't think she was "really" hurt. Her knee will never be the same. Ugh!
We were believing the story that she got bit by a dog!
Post a Comment